EcoID is a high-quality, compact, USB fingerprint scanner that was developed to provide customers and organizations with an affordable option to address their hardware requirements when integrating fingerprint biometric authentication to their login processes to enhance security while improving workflow by replacing slower, less secure sign-in methods.
This USB fingerprint reader operates on Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 with a USB port enabling customers to utilize Windows Hello and Passport biometric login platforms. Additionally, BIO-key’s EcoID is one of the only scanner devices on the market today to pass Microsoft’s rigorous accuracy and security testing qualification process allowing it to proudly bear the Microsoft Hello-Ready mark.
With EcoID, enrollment takes just a few minutes and once enrolled, customers can use the fingerprint reader on any device to achieve fast authentication by replacing outdated passwords using the simple, yet significant, “Power of a Touch.”
*Please note that this product is not compatible with Apple products.
Features & Benefits
- Perfect for desktops and workstations with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10
- EcoID comes with a 3-foot microUSB cable
- Microsoft-tested and qualified for Windows Hello
- Fingerprint biometric sign-in for Windows Hello
- Cost efficient alternative to expensive readers
- Durable design for commercial use
- Authenticate to a device or server
- Enhance security and convenience in one
- Works with BIO-key Authentication for Active Directory
Sensor Packaging: NEXT Active Thermal™
Recommended Sensor: 12 x 17 mm
Opening/ Area Resolution: 180 x 256 pixels/385 ppi
Imaging Power Consumption: 80 mA @ 5.0 V
Communication: Micro USB 2.0 Full Speed