Policies and Legal
Where does BIO-key gather Business Information: From online “form submissions,” we collect the following Business Information, if available, for each person:
- Email address
- Job title and department
- Business phone numbers (general, direct and fax)
- Company name
- Postal address of company
- Business related postal address of person
- Corporate website URLs
- The date the form was sent or received
- Email addresses, names and job titles of recipients and senders
To ensure the integrity of the database, we take the following steps:
- Business Information Only – BIO-key only wants business-related information. Company name, employee’s name, job title and department, email address, business phone numbers, address of company, etc.
- Anonymity – All individuals who visit our Site’s personal information will remain anonymous unless they unless they willingly provide us with their information via a “form fill out,” submit any inquiry on our site’s “Contact Us” page or other contribution methods. (The only exceptions: See “Disclosures to Service Providers,” “Disclosures for Legal Reasons,” and “Disclosures to a Buyer of the Company,” below.)
- Opt-Out – Anyone added to the database may request to be removed at any time, via email, web or a toll-free number. We promptly honor such requests.
- personalize your experience
- analyze which pages our visitors visit
- provide website feature such as social sharing widgets
- measure advertising effectiveness
- track which areas of our site you visit; in order to remarket to you after you leave
Web Beacons: Our Web pages contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
When does BIO-key Share Information? BIO-key may from time to time disclose Business Information or other collected information to service providers, solely for providing functions related to our operation of the Site and for no other purpose. For example:
- BIO-key uses service providers to process credit card payments on our Site www.shopbio-key.com. When you use a credit card to pay for BIO-key’s products, information such as your name, billing address, phone number, email address and credit card Information will be submitted to service providers for verification and to manage any recurring payments.
- BIO-key uses software hosted by a service provider to provide us with information regarding our visitors’ activities on our Site. When you visit our Site, that service provider may set cookies on our behalf and may receive information about your browsing activity on our Site.
Disclosures for Legal Reasons: We may disclose collected information, including Business Information, to a third party if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary or desirable: (i) to comply with lawful requests, subpoenas, search warrants or orders by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) to address a violation of the law, (iii) to protect the rights, property or safety of BIO-key, its users or the public, or (iv) to allow BIO-key to exercise its legal rights or respond to a legal claim.
Disclosures to a Buyer of the Company: If our company or substantially all of our assets are acquired, or in the event of a merger or bankruptcy, information about you and/or information you provide to BIO-key may be among the transferred assets. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Other Disclosures: If you provide information, including Business Information, in creating or updating your Profile, that information will be included in the database and thus can be viewed by third parties. We post customer testimonials on our Site, which may contain the customer’s name. We always¬ get consent from the customer before posting any testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com with a request marked “Privacy-Urgent.” Our Site offers publicly accessible blogs and product reviews. You should be aware that any content you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. You can request the removal of your personal information from our blog or review section, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request marked “Privacy-Urgent.” In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Protection of Children: This Site is not intended for users under the age of 13, and we have no intention of collecting personally identifiable information from children (i.e., individuals under the age of 13). If a parent or guardian learns that a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, that child’s parent or guardian should contact us. And send a request marked “Privacy-Urgent” to email@example.com if they would like the information submitted by the child deleted from our database. We will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. BIO-key may have liability to you in case of failure to comply with the law or this policy in handling the onward transfer of your Information to third parties.
How Can You Change or Delete Your Information? To find out if you are in the BIO-key Database, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a request marked “Privacy-Urgent.” If you have a common name, you can help us refine your search by providing us with information based on geographical location or companies where you have worked, the information provided in such a request will not be stored in our database. Once we have located one or more BIO-key profiles in your name, consider these options for managing your professional profile in BIO-key’s database:
Update Your Own Professional Profile Information: Make sure your profile is up to date for our marketing and sales team members who may want to reach you. Verify your profile, and you can request to update your work history, contact information, and even delete web references you do not want to be associated with your professional profile. You can also consolidate multiple profiles in your name to create a comprehensive snapshot of your professional background.
Remove Your BIO-key Profile Completely: If you wish to remove your existing individual profile from the Database completely, please email email@example.com with a request marked “Privacy-Urgent.” If you make this choice, your name, employment history, web references, and contact information (including email address) will be removed as soon as possible.
Company Profiles: To find out if your company is in the BIO-key Database, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a request marked “Privacy-Urgent.” Once we have located the profile, consider these options for managing your company profile on BIO-key:
Update Your Company Profile: Verify your BIO-key company profile to update your company description, industry, company location, and more. You can also consolidate multiple patterns to create a comprehensive snapshot of your company. Please email email@example.com with a request marked “Privacy-Urgent” to verify and update your company profile.
Remove Your Company BIO-key Profile Completely: We gather all information about companies from corporate web sites, press releases, and SEC documents filed with the US government. The company summaries are created by marketing automation software based on the information we find on those documents. As a company policy, BIO-key does not remove company information from our database. If you feel any of the company information is incorrect or would like to verify, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a request marked “Privacy-Urgent.”
Data Retention: We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will keep and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How Can You Opt Out of Certain Uses of Your Information? BIO-key allows you to “opt out” of having your information used for specific purposes. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email transmission. After we receive your request, we will send you an email message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. BIO-key will not share information about you that you submit when you register for our services with third parties for promotional uses unless you opt into such sharing within your BIO-key account or BIO-key has separately acquired such information from other sources, in which case BIO-key will allow you to opt out via email. If you have registered, submitted a form, or inferred permission for BIO-key to contact you and opted in to share your personal information, you may opt-out by emailing email@example.com with a request marked “Privacy-Urgent.” If you have subscribed to BIO-key’s email communication’s such as newsletters, industry relevant information, promotional sales material, etc. and opted in to share your business information with BIO-key in exchange for continued email communications, you may opt out of any further sharing of business information, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a request marked “Privacy-Urgent” and BIO-key will no longer collect Business Information from you through this method (however, you will not be able to ‘unshare’ the Business Information you have previously provided to BIO-key). When BIO-key adds a profile to its Directory that includes an email address, it sends a message to that email address, offering an opportunity to opt out of inclusion in the Directory.
Information for Users in Europe and Elsewhere Outside the U.S.: If you use our Site outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your personal information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the U.S. regarding personal information may be different from the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law.
Users in the European Union (EEA) and Switzerland: If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, the following information applies. Purposes of processing and legal basis for processing: As explained above, we process personal data in various ways depending upon your use of our Sites. We process personal data on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform our agreement to provide Services; and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing the Sites where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedom related to data privacy. BIO-key’s collection of Business Information and the creation are within BIO-key’s legitimate interest to organize business contact information given the limited impact of this data on an individual’s private life. BIO-key has put in place safeguards to protect personal privacy and individual choice, including disclosures of its data processing activities, the use of consent or opt-outs wherever possible.
Right to lodge a complaint: Users that reside in the EEA or Switzerland have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority concerned. Contact details for data protection authorities are available here.
Transfers: Personal information we collect may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or any other country in which we or our affiliates or subcontractors maintain facilities. Upon the start of enforcement of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we will ensure that transfers of personal information to a third country or an international organization are subject to appropriate safeguards as described in Article 46 of the GDPR. Please see “Privacy Shield Frameworks” below regarding our compliance with the EU- and Swiss-US Privacy Shields.
Individual Rights: If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, you are entitled to the following rights once the GDPR becomes effective.
Please note: In order to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with personal information prior to accessing any records containing information about you.
- The right to access and correction. You have the right to request access to, and a copy of, your personal data at no charge, as well as certain information about our processing activities with respect to your data. You have the right to request correction or completion of your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You have the right to restrict our processing if you contest the accuracy of the data we hold about you, for as long as it takes to verify its accuracy.
- The right to request data erasure. You have the right to have your data erased from our Site if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or you believe your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing.
- The right to object to our processing. You have the right to object to our processing if we are processing your data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest as an exercise of official authority (including profiling); using your data for direct marketing (including profiling); or processing your data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
Your California Privacy Rights: If you are a California resident, California law permits you to request certain information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send your request, by mail or email marked “Privacy-Urgent”, to the address at the end of this policy.
3349 Highway 138
Building A, Suite E
Wall, New Jersey 07719
Phone: (866) 846-2594
Fax: (732) 359-1101