Caring for our people, communities, and the environment
At BIO-key, we are focused on creating value that benefits everyone and we believe it is our corporate responsibility to give back to the community and the environment we operate in.
We are dedicated to providing support through the BIO-key Gives Back program, making positive contributions wherever we can. BIO-key and our employees regularly participate in fundraisers, community events, and global initiatives. From little league coaching to donating funds to the Red Cross, we select multiple initiatives throughout the year as part of our Gives Back program.
BIO-key joined the Making Strides of Boston movement during Breast Cancer Awareness Month to help raise lifesaving funds that support breast cancer patients, survivors, thrivers, and caregivers through every step of the journey.
BIO-key participated in the Toys for Tots program again this year, donating a total of 31 gifts to children who would otherwise not receive anything for the holidays.
This year, for World Cleanup Day, BIO-key took part in cleaning up our local communities as part of the global movement to keep this planet green and clean. Here are highlights of the BIO-key team collecting waste worldwide.
In partnership with the Arbor Day Foundation, BIO-key planted 1,000 trees in the forests of greatest need in honor of our customers and partners.
We are Environmentally Conscious
We believe that caring for the environment starts from home, thus we continue to push and pursue a green office environment and set up environmental policies to raise awareness to our people.
Managing our Carbon Footprint
- All BIO-key biometric authentication product packaging is manufactured with 100% recyclable materials.
- Fully embraced video conferencing, which has cut our company air travel by over 50%.
- Adopted digital document signing and sharing to reduce our paper waste by more than 30%.
- Every vendor partnership with BIO-key includes a discussion about how both parties can work together to reduce waste and maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- Our marketing efforts are primarily digital to minimize waste, such as paper, pulp, and ink.
Biometrics play a key role
Biometric hardware and software solutions allow organizations to replace plastic proximity cards and hardware tokens.
BIO-key’s Environmental Policy includes these core values:
- Minimize waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimize toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimize the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Reduce the use of paper and plastic and recycle such products at all times.
- Promote the use of electronic sales and marketing collateral versus paper.
- Reduce the amount of travel for employees and for business meetings, thus reducing our carbon footprint.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
- Use an accredited program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.
We are People-Centric
We recognize that our employees are key to our ability to execute on our sustainability agenda. Our commitment to providing safe working conditions and involving all our employees in our safety efforts has been a fundamental part of BIO-key.
Creating An Inclusive Culture
Employee experience is always our top priority. We are proud to be Certified™ by Great Place to Work®. This year, 88% of our employees said BIO-key is a great place to work — 29 points higher than the average U.S. company. Looking to grow your career at a company that puts people first? Visit our careers page now.
We honor human rights and believe in equality at all levels. Our business practices are unbiased and impartial with a focus on sound business decisions. BIO-key conducts business around the world and welcomes the opportunity to support the need for strong security for all customers.
Health & Safety Program
People make our company great and we have a duty to protect the health, safety, and welfare of our employees and other people who might be affected by our business.
Safety is a priority for us and we make sure to safeguard our employees from anything that may cause harm and control any risks to health that could arise in the workplace.
BIO-key also offers a complete healthcare program for all full-time employees, including vision and dental. Our healthcare insurer also offers employees special rebates for attending the gym 50-100 times per year.
Standards of Business Conduct
BIO-key is committed to maintaining the highest ethical standards for our business. All employees are subject to a background check, including fingerprinting and going through the E-Verify federal employment screening process.
Our business practices and decisions are based on ethical practices. We will not participate in any business transactions that would not be considered standard or out of the ordinary. We don’t accept payments from partners or customers other than those derived from the sales of products or services.
BIO-key manages our resources diligently and maintains accurate business records which are posted on the company website and available for public viewing. We protect sensitive information for our employees, partners, and vendors. We do not trade or disclose non-public information.
We comply with the laws for international trade.
We market with responsibility and stand behind our messages and claims. We compete aggressively, but fairly with ethics at the forefront. We will never compromise our core beliefs to win a project or customer. We obtain business intelligence appropriately and use it in appropriate manners.