SidePass is a high-quality, compact, USB fingerprint scanner that was developed to provide customers and organizations with an affordable option to address their hardware requirements when integrating fingerprint biometric authentication to their login processes to enhance security while improving workflow by replacing slower, less secure sign-in methods.
SidePass operates seamlessly with Microsoft’s Windows 8.1 and 10, enabling customers to utilize Microsoft’s built-in biometric login platforms Windows Hello and Passport. Additionally, BIO-key’s SidePass is one of the only scanner devices on the market today to pass Microsoft’s rigorous accuracy and security testing qualification process allowing it to proudly bear the Microsoft Hello-Ready mark.
SidePass also has the ability to integrate with BIO-key software into the Active Directory and Azure cloud services to deliver a powerful federated identity ecosystem. By delivering fast and convenient authentication, this USB fingerprint reader is the perfect replacement for passwords using the simple, yet significant, “Power of a Touch.”
*Please note that this product is not compatible with Apple products.
Features & Benefits
- Perfect for tablets and laptops with Windows 8.1 and 10
- Fingerprint biometric sign-in for Windows Hello
- Microsoft-tested and qualified for Windows Hello
- Durable design for commercial use
- Cost-efficient alternative to expensive readers
- Authenticate to a device or server
- Enhance security and convenience in one
- Works with BIO-key Authentication for Active Directory
Sensor Packaging: IDEX Eagle II Sensor
Recommended Sensor: 7.8mm
Opening/ Area Resolution: 113 x 115 pixels/373 DPI
Imaging Power Consumption: <25 ma at 5 to 5.5 volts
Communication: USB 2.0 or greater