SidePass is a high-quality, compact, external USB fingerprint reader that was developed to provide customers and organizations with an affordable option to address their hardware requirements when integrating fingerprint biometric authentication to their login processes to enhance security while improving workflow by replacing slower, less secure sign-in methods.
SidePass operates seamlessly with Microsoft’s Windows 10, enabling customers to utilize Microsoft’s built-in biometric login platforms Windows Hello and Passport. Additionally, BIO-key’s SidePass is one of the only external USB fingerprint reader devices on the market today to pass Microsoft’s rigorous accuracy and security testing qualification process allowing it to proudly bear the Microsoft Hello-Ready mark.
SidePass also has the ability to integrate with BIO-key software into the Active Directory and Azure cloud services to deliver a powerful federated identity ecosystem. By delivering fast and convenient authentication, this external USB fingerprint reader is the perfect replacement for passwords using the simple, yet significant, “Power of a Touch.”
*Please note that this product is not compatible with Apple products.
Features & Benefits
- Perfect for tablets and laptops with Windows 10
- Fingerprint biometric sign-in for Windows Hello & Hello for Business
- Microsoft-tested and qualified for Windows Hello
- Enables Windows Hello as a FIDO2 Authenticator
- Cordless, compact design for everyday use
- Cost-efficient alternative to expensive readers
- Works with BIO-key PortalGuard – Multi-factor Authentication.
Full Support for Windows Hello Sign-In Options
- Sensor Capture Area: 7.8mm X 7.8mm
- Image Resolution: 113 x 115 pixels/373 DPI
- Power Consumption During Imaging: <25 mA at 5 to 5.5 volts
- Connection Options: USB 2.0 – Type A and C